Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Does Adobe not allow educational discounts for Photoshop CS3? My university only offers CS3 Extended, but the kid at the shop said that it's designed strictly for film, video & 3-D editing, not photo editing. Is this true, or does CS3 extended contain all the elements of the standard photoshop CS3 as well?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Does Adobe not allow educational discounts for Photoshop CS3? My university only offers CS3 Extended, but the kid at the shop said that it's designed strictly for film, video & 3-D editing, not photo editing. Is this true, or does CS3 extended contain all the elements of the standard photoshop CS3 as well?

the "extended" version contains all of the CS3 features but in addition some more features for 3D, measurement and video.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Funny how people don't use search engine nowadays but they'll ask a dumb question in a forum... what's with that? I'm pretty sure the Adobe site has a search box too!!!

Brains :rolleyes:

Andrew07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Photoshop cs3 isn't listed in adobe's educational shop. The information online is also ambiguous. The descriptions I've read for for "extended" don't explicitly say it contains all elements of cs3. Also, at my university bookstore they adamantly told me that "cs3 extended" does NOT contain the elements of "photoshop cs3." Most members on macrumors are both knowledgeable and friendly, so I thought I'd post my question here

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Andrew, I'm in California as well, though this applies to all students in the US. Yes, you can get PS CS3 for $300. If you're a student (because you're required to show proof) you can buy it from journeyed.com.

Here is a link from Adobe's website regarding the differences between PS CS3 and PS CS3 Extended.

Attachments

• adobe.jpg
    adobe.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 62

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
Photoshop cs3 isn't listed in adobe's educational shop. The information online is also ambiguous. The descriptions I've read for for "extended" don't explicitly say it contains all elements of cs3. Also, at my university bookstore they adamantly told me that "cs3 extended" does NOT contain the elements of "photoshop cs3." Most members on macrumors are both knowledgeable and friendly, so I thought I'd post my question here

Obviously from the post above the one quoted....That's not always the case!:rolleyes: Sorry for the attitudes.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
... Also, at my university bookstore they adamantly told me that "cs3 extended" does NOT contain the elements of "photoshop cs3." ...

Sounds like your bookstore is stocked with some real rejects. Yes, CS3 extended is just like the regular CS3, except there are a couple of options for measurements, and making stacks (videos or 3-d objects). Other than that it is the same.

I would second the suggestion of jessica about journeyed.com. That's where our department gets most of its software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.