Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigvern

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Hi there,

I just purchased and installed PSE 6 for mac onto my imac. I am new to photoshop so I have purchased a very good book as well. PSE 6 comes with adobe bridge cs3. According to the book I can view Jpegs & Tiff images within Bridge using camera RAW. The instructions say , select the image and the press cmd+R which brings up the raw panel and the image.

I cannot get this to work, it does nothing !!!! also it says that you can click on the JPEG and select open as you get a drop menu offering RAW again if I select open as I do not get any of the options

Any help would be appreciated as this is chapter 1 of the book !!!!!

bigvern

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
I have updated to camera raw 5.3 which now means that I can open neff files in PSE6 OK.

Still cannot open JPEGS in camera raw using Adobe bridge it does nothing !!!!

Thanks for your help

Dman77

macrumors member
May 23, 2009
London, UK
I have updated to camera raw 5.3 which now means that I can open neff files in PSE6 OK.

Still cannot open JPEGS in camera raw using Adobe bridge it does nothing !!!!

Thanks for your help

In Photoshop CS3 Bridge go to Edit > Camera RAW Preferences and at the bottom of the Preference list check the boxes under "JPEG and TIFF Handling". When in Bridge either double click on the JPG and TIF files or use Ctrl + R to open them with ACR in Bridge.

bigvern

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
When I go to Edit in CS3 I do not get any option to change camera raw preferences.

Dman77

macrumors member
May 23, 2009
London, UK
When I go to Edit in CS3 I do not get any option to change camera raw preferences.

You're right, I've just had a look myself. Click on the 'Bridge CS3' tab at the top and go to Camera Raw Preferences within that menu. The Cmd + R works fine for me with jpegs and tiffs within Bridge CS3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.