Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ictiosapiens

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2006
Just to give the heads up to anyone who ordered elements 8. I got my copy with this morning's post.

So far, so good... The only thing bothering me a bit is performance. I had been using CS4 on my girlfriend's macbook, and since cs4 actually takes advantage of the video card, it felt a lot snappier than elements on my MB...

ictiosapiens

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2006
does it still lock you into full screen mode ??

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but you can separate all the tool bars from the main window if you want, but default is full screen. And you can zoom out...

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
This is probably a stupid question, but did Adobe skip straight from Elements 6 to Elements 8 so that the PC and Apple versions were finally in sync?

I can't seem to find info on Elements 7 for Mac.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It baffles me. PSE 6 takes forever to come out then it is out and suddenly here comes 8. I'm all for it and all but it's odd that it'd remain dormant for so long then suddenly this.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
It baffles me. PSE 6 takes forever to come out then it is out and suddenly here comes 8. I'm all for it and all but it's odd that it'd remain dormant for so long then suddenly this.

It doesn't feel like that to me. We skipped Elements 5 and Elements 7, so it definitely feels less like "What? Another update, already?" than it would to a Windows user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.