Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rweakins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
all of a sudden my photoshop basically just stopped operating. i am hoping that someone may have had the same problem and can help. i can open the program but if i hit file>open or command+o the program crashes. i can drag images over the icon and photoshop will open then that way but when i go to save the program crashes.....any ideas?

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
I hate to ask this... but is it a legitimate copy?

Do you have the most recent update?

rweakins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
it's somewhat legit. one of my teachers put it on my computer using the school license for me to use it in competition.

rweakins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Post the last entry of the crashlog.

which i would find where? this is what comes up when it crashes

anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 70

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Fix your permissions (Disk Utility). Whenever my copy of CS3 starts to act erratically, I fix my permissions and Photoshop works fine. I don't know why my permissions get messed up, but apparently they do....

good luck

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
which i would find where?

Applications -> Utilities -> Console.app -> "Show Log List" button

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter -> The crash report for photoshop will be in there. You don't have to post 100% of it, but just maybe the first 100 lines of it.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Have you tried deleting your preferences file? The file is located in ~/UserHomeFolder/Library/Preferences/ . It is called "Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.psp". Quit Photoshop, drag the file from the preferences folder to your desktop and relaunch Photoshop. It doesn't always do the trick, but it is always worth a try.

rweakins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Have you tried deleting your preferences file? The file is located in ~/UserHomeFolder/Library/Preferences/ . It is called "Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.psp". Quit Photoshop, drag the file from the preferences folder to your desktop and relaunch Photoshop. It doesn't always do the trick, but it is always worth a try.

i have cs3 would the process be the same?

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Yes, the process is the same for CS3, but the file name is different. You should be able to find it without any trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.