Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
UK
hi , I use photoshop cs2 at college on windows machines. I was wandering if I bought cs3 for mac, will I be able to use the mac cs3 with the windows cs2???

Also, is there any difference between the windows and mac versions?

mattw126

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2008
Naples, FL - Poughkeepsie, NY
will I be able to use the mac cs3 with the windows cs2???

You need to clarify a little :confused: but I think I know what your getting at. As far as files are concerned, any file you create with either version (or any prior version), you will be able to open with either version. Check out Adobe's site, CS4 should be hitting shelves shortly.

Also, is there any difference between the windows and mac versions?

There's no major difference in function between platform versions. Mac = Command + whatever. Windows = Control + whatever.

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You need to clarify a little :confused: but I think I know what your getting at. As far as files are concerned, any file you create with either version (or any prior version), you will be able to open with either version. Check out Adobe's site, CS4 should be hitting shelves shortly.

There's no major difference in function between platform versions. Mac = Command + whatever. Windows = Control + whatever.
thank you for your reply.

ajpl

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
You need to clarify a little :confused: but I think I know what your getting at. As far as files are concerned, any file you create with either version (or any prior version), you will be able to open with either version.
Though a function introduced in a later version, such as smart filters for example, will not work in a prior version without that feature. Not sure how it degrades as I never use older versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.