Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
I'm sorry if this isn't the most appropriate place to post this, but I've tried over at the Adobe forums and no one had any suggestions.

About two weeks ago I noticed a very significant increase in the time it takes to save a TIFF file in Photoshop CS3. I would estimate that it now takes 3-5x longer to save a given file. I have also noticed that applying filters is taking longer than it was before too, but the difference isn't as dramatic. This is seriously lengthening my workflow, as I often open files in PS from Aperture to do editing and processing that isn't possible within Aperture itself.

My system is running very well otherwise. I do maintenance with Onyx regularly, I have a fast boot drive (Raptor) running the OS & Photoshop with my home directory & image files on a fast 750 GB Caviar SE internal drive. Scratch disk is set to the 750 GB Caviar, which has 480 GB of free space on it.

I'd really appreciate any ideas you might have. This is getting unbearable.

Thanks.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
• Is it just Photoshop that's running like this?
• What sort of disk maintenance do you do with Onyx?
• Have you accidentally changed something in the Pshop's Preferences under Performance?
• Have you installed the latest patches from Adobe?
• What hapens if you temporarily set the scratch drive to the Raptor and test some temporary files?

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Thanks a lot for your reply.

1. Yes, it's just Photoshop. System and other apps seem unchanged.

2. I repair permissions, optimize the system, execute maintenance scripts, clear all caches, clean mail downloads, delete logs & crash reporter, clean recent & temporary items.

3. I haven't changed anything in the performance tab. Cache levels is set to 2, and history states is set to 6. Memory is at 75%

4. I'm up-to-date with Adobe.

5. I did test the Raptor as scratch drive, but that didn't seem to change anything.

seahawk09

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Canada
Have you tried emptying your computer cache or your temp folder I think might help if not go onto the adobe site forum and ask questions:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.