Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malfoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
http://labs.live.com/photosynth/video.html

Have any of you guys seen or heard of this before? This program seems very promising. Reminds me alot of this program, I think it was called Carrera that came out many years ago but didn't seem to take off. For those who don't want to click the video, its a program that takes lots of pictures and creates a 3d space out of it. While it appears to be PC only, a good app is a good app and I'll be keeping my eye out for it.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
I just found out about this program today and I have to say I'm blown away and I can't wait to play with it. This is probably the first application by Microsoft that's made me go "Wow, I want that" in years. If only Apple had come up with this.

ammon

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2005
Colorado
Spanky Deluxe said:
This is probably the first application by Microsoft that's made me go "Wow, I want that" in years.

Microsoft made you go "Wow"? Can't say that has ever happened to me! :)

mlrproducts

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2004
I saw it, and thought it would be a great effect to duplicate in photoshop.

It would not be as easy, but would be "hand done" and look amazing if you did it right.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Sounds interesting. Although if it just creates one of those 360 degree pictures where you can swivel round, then I'm not that impressed as those things always look quite crappy really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.