Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hirtaza

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Toronto
Hey guys, this is my first time dealing with this kind of process - I always preorder and have it shipped - anyways like most of us now I've been looking online for store availability for our iPhone variants to become available so we can do a pickup....I found a store half an hour away from me which had the in store pickup available for Tomorrow for iPhone 7 PLUS 128gb in Matte Black, I was on my iPad so I went through the process quickly and placed an order for pickup tomorrow...my card was immediately charged for the price of the phone but on my orders page it still says processing + got a email saying once it's ready for pickup we will email you....my question is for ANYONE if you who has done this, am I guaranteed the iPhone pickup tomorrow or since my order says processing it might not be actually available tomorrow?....how early do I have to go for the I store pickup, what happens there/ what's the procedure, ALSO how long do I have to get AppleCare for my phone do I have to get it at the time of the pickup or can I wait a week or so to grab it??

Thank you once again to the community for helping all of us out in our inquires

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
I did the same thing yesterday. Eventually you will get a text message and the order page will show that it is ready for pickup. In my case I didn't even wait until the next day, I just went down as soon as it said ready for pickup.

The actual pickup at the store is no big deal, just tell the staff you are there for your pickup. You will have to show ID etc. and the phone is yours.

In my case I didn't get Applecare right away and I never do until later in case there is something wrong with the phone and I have to return it.

hirtaza

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Toronto
I did the same thing yesterday. Eventually you will get a text message and the order page will show that it is ready for pickup. In my case I didn't even wait until the next day, I just went down as soon as it said ready for pickup.

The actual pickup at the store is no big deal, just tell the staff you are there for a pickup. You will have to show ID etc. and the phone is yours.

In my case I didn't get Applecare right away and I never do until later in case there is something wrong with the phone and I have to return it.
Interesting thanks for the fast reply...when do you usually get your AppleCare if not right away? I mean do you know how long we have until we can get it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.