Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
(Sorry I dont have any)

Just a rant.

They always seem to have the "No Photography!" signs like you see at any show, but this time the sign said "disposable cameras ok"???:confused:

Then I saw a vendor there selling 'disposable cameras' hmmm... what good would they do any way?

But my main gripe is, is all the dick heads taking hundreds of pics and/or videos of the show with their phones! :mad: All night big bright cell phones in our faces while they tried to take pics from 300' away that will never turn out.

If thats you... dont be mad if a shoe finds its way up your ass at the next show!

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
It's increasingly difficult to take photos at concerts. I go to a few blues festivals every year, and try take photos. Most these days don;t allow 'professional' cameras, or, 'cameras with removable lenses'. Sucks.

But, many of the small fests still allow cameras, and a few of the big ones, like the SF Blues Fest.

Rock on - and take a picture while you're at it ...

2435721962_8d54440a39.jpg

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
It's increasingly difficult to take photos at concerts. I go to a few blues festivals every year, and try take photos. Most these days don;t allow 'professional' cameras, or, 'cameras with removable lenses'. Sucks.

But, many of the small fests still allow cameras, and a few of the big ones, like the SF Blues Fest.

Rock on - and take a picture while you're at it ...

Thats cool.

Good shot too. Something about a chick with a big ol' guitar...:D

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
I took my small Panasonic DMC-FX3 camera to Coachella this year, and managed to get some acceptable pics:

Beth Gibbons of Portishead (I love this band!)

The Verve

Cafe Tacvba

Death Cab for Cutie

Kraftwerk

Roger Waters:

I had to throw away over 80% of the night shots, though. They always came out blurry. And I had to shoot at ISO 400, so all the pictures had a lot of noise. I kept wishing I had my Digital Rebel XT w/the 50mm f/1.8 lens on it, but ran into the same situation - only cameras with non-removable lenses were allowed in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.