Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woody74

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Bit of a strange one that has baffled me for quite a few hours.

If I convert a RAW file to PSD in Bridge when I then open it in Photoshop the colours and editing I have made do not match. I am previewing in Brdge and have the photo open in Photoshop, both side by side on the same monitor. It seems Photoshop is not applying the changes. Can anyone explain why and how to fix this.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
If I convert a RAW file to PSD in Bridge

Can Bridge do that? I thought you had to use Adobe Camera Raw to perform the raw-psd conversion.

Sounds like maybe Bridge is working on the .jpg preview of the image and not the raw file lke you think it is. Either that or you've missed a save/open step

Padaung

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2007
UK
The UK version of Bridge does not have colour profile reading turned on by default. Photoshop does. Go into the preferences for Bridge and go through the options until you see the tick box to enable colour profiles. I think it is in the 'General' or 'Advanced' section. Then restart Bridge.

My version is from the US, which does not have this option as profiling is turned on by default (at least in my copy it is!)

Once enabled you should see the same image in both programs.

woody74

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

CHISA is right that when you open a RAW file in Bridge it fires up Photoshop and the editing is done there. Once saved as a PSD or JPEG Bridge is showing the picture correctly but then when you open it in photoshop it does not display it correctly. Seem to have everyone stumped so may be a fresh install might work.

Interesting point Padaung as I have an Uk version but there is not an option as you mention

Hmmm...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.