Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
hi..
i have just moved all my picture from a macbook on to a macbook pro and now all my pictures are pixilated and small. would this be because of the different screen sizes? and how could i solve it?
cheers!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
hi..
i have just moved all my picture from a macbook on to a macbook pro and now all my pictures are pixilated and small. would this be because of the different screen sizes? and how could i solve it?
cheers!

What are you using to view the pictures with and how did you move the pictures?

I'm thinking that maybe you did not move the pictures but only the thumbnail previews of them.

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
just using iPhoto. i had backed up my pics on to an external drive then dragged them back into iPhoto '08, its quite annoying...

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
You can backup your whole iPhoto folder using Finder. This will keep all the files exactly as you have them on your Macbook. Then just drag the iPhoto folder to the MBP to copy it over.

All the database files should be kept intact. This is how I have done it many times in between computers and for OS reinstalls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.