Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanyagirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
I am brad new to Mac... and i've notice that i have some issues, When i edit picture in Photoshop and save and i automatically opens with Photoshop next time. even though i set Preview and my default program. How can i change that... i dont want to have photoshop open every time i open edited photo.
thanks to everyone:)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Depends on the file type.

If it is a PSD, Photoshop is the standard application to open it.

If it is a JPEG, Preview should be the application that opens, but after you installed Photoshop, that gets quite fubar.

So if you have a JPEG, right click on it and Get Info on it (Command + I) and go to where it says "Open with". Here you can set the desired software to open your JPEG with. Choose Preview and click "Change All" and "Yes/Okay" in the following dialog.

That should open all your JPEGs in Preview.

The same can be done with PSDs, but all layers will be not visible, only the top one.

Or you could simply just drag the PSD to the Preview icon in the Dock.

Tanyagirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Thanks.... Yes i am talking about JPEG format... its shouldnt open with photoshop..but it still does.. and every time i need to go to "Get Info" and change to Preview..... i just don't understand why Photoshop opens JPAG automatically instead of Preview...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.