Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Weird issue here...I've been using Aperture for nearly over a year and a half and have no ran across this issue before (though I think it's more of a Preview issue). I'm not sure if this has happened because of the new version of Preview in Leopard or not (just upgraded from Tiger). When I export an image from Aperture and open it in preview, the image is noticeably more blurred. The image has been edited in Photoshop through the (edit with external editor command) if that makes a difference. The same exported image looks fine in Photoshop and when opened in web browsers.

here's a screen shot with a Preview window right next to the image in Aperture
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4048/picture1yp9.jpg

any clues what might be going on here?

cutsman

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
i have the same exact issue with Preview in Leopard. All photos are blurry, I think regardless of whether they have been exported from Aperture or not. This was not present in Tiger. It's something i've learned to live with; i simply don't view my photos in Preview anymore. I thought Apple would've addressed this issue already, but i guess not... Hopefully some day...

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Mine only displays blurred pictures when they are not displayed full size:

sharp at 100%
blurred at anything smaller than that (i.e. 90%, or 68.9%)

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
aww that's too bad then. You'd think that if QUICKLOOK can display the images sharply then Preview would be able to:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.