Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
To follow on from my last Holga post, this is next part of my Holga adventure. Image is of Dunluce Castle near Bushmills in Northern Ireland taken with a Holga 120wpc on Fuji Superia 100. Exposure time was about 12 minutes

C&C welcome

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
I agree, but it goes further than just "nice picture", it's very nice and you seem to really have the technique down. Very good work.

Thanks Jessica! I would say it was more luck then technique, its a bit hit and miss using the camera but then thats half the fun! I took a few more from different angles but I think this was the best one.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Pinhole photography was almost always luck if you think about it. I mean, dating back to times lost it was not an exact science. Nowadays, with more modern technology you could meter a scene for your pinhole camera knowing the ISO of your film and what not, but frankly that takes all the fun out of it. As does fixing your holga so that it actually advances the film instead of the occasional trip of the wheel resulting in a double exposed negative. ;)

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Well I managed to only get one double accidental double exposure so it wasnt too bad. I think about half of the photos came out useable which wasnt too bad either. To me, I found these photos really rewarding because its just so random and you could end up with nothing, but when you get an image like that its fantastic!

The next step is to make my own pinhole...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.