Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I saw this on Kickstarter and after owning a Satechi Trio Wireless Charger, and returning it to get the Belkin Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 Charger with MagSafe (15W) due to the better table top angle that provided a better daily use case while working from home, I felt a type of ways after roughly six months.

Then I saw the MagEZ Slider
The appeal (to me):
Much smaller than both Satechi or Belkin’s offerings of a 3-in-1,
Bonus portable USB-C Apple Watch charging connector (I already have Satechi’s dual Watch+AirPod’s Qi charger which is awesome),
4000mAh MagSafe charger - that doubles as a desk MagSafe charger that charges BOTH the iPhone and the portable unit that just looks refined and incognito appearance.
Rotates - 360 degrees while the base stays stable.
USB-C charging cable (both ends)
Previously excellent customer service, to me personally with Pitaka MagEZ Aramid - post #13 & post #34.
Packaging seems minimalistic, environmentally sustainable-focused with minimal plastics or heavy lamination over any cardboard. Packaging doesn't look chic like Apple's package or Belkin or Satechi - but I rather the product work well than have flashy packaging.

These features, combined offer a much better value, to me, and maybe for you and regaining a decent amount of desk space. It also allows me to connect the unit to my work HP TB3 G2 120W Dock’s USB-C port (3 in total) so 1 less power brick to use - but the MacEZ Slider does come with one.

Some comparison shots of the MagEZ portable MagSafe compatible charger with the cheap foreign knock-off I purchased and photos in this thread here: #227 attached.

MagEZ Slider Power Pack in pictures and originally design to have a higher peak contour at the top and bottom, this changed due to enough feedback and I’m glad it was. Connected to the back of the iPhone it feels really soft to hold, ergonomic with nothing protruding into the palm of your hand. It is slightly thicker than the cheap MagSafe compatible charger I have, though, not a big deal. It's USB-C, has no lights, no buttons and with power it'll automatically charge your iPhone. Magnets are VERY strong, yet not centre-line magnet for alignment. It aligns perfectly without it, but the bottom end will slightly swivel if you intend it to, yet doesn't when on the iPhone in your hand.

Honestly I’m really happy with my purchase although as a backer I really had to exercise patience for production, delivery delays due to this ridiculous pandemic, all in all they shipped within 30 days of their original time frame (something LARQ couldn’t do with their filtered pitcher which funny enough arrived on the same day as my MagEZ Slider).

I also got their 2-card wallet which is half the thickness of the Moft wallet I have but it’s far too tight to get cards in-out. I’ll keep it as a late night out wallet that I never worry about cars slipping out or when cycling outdoors this spring.

Note: I'm not paid for by, no investments in (other than products I've purchase with my own money), and no incentives promised nor provided nor will be by Pitaka. They've not seen anything on this elsewhere, not sure they will here either.

Improvements needed:

Watch attachment, due to the low height of the MagEZ Slider dock itself, the watch adapter looks to be a bit too low to the desk, where the bottom watch band will touch rub on your desk. It's not going to damage the watch nor the bands you have. More critically the Watch charging area seems to have a weak magnetic connection than any accessory I know of from Apple or other third parties. But I will try using the Satechi duo I have since it's USB-C to see if the works ;)

Attachments

• tempImage8JgHkj.png
    tempImage8JgHkj.png
    4 MB · Views: 987
  • tempImagedLJYXm.png
    tempImagedLJYXm.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 122
  • tempImageOIvww3.png
    tempImageOIvww3.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
  • tempImage7oMgCF.png
    tempImage7oMgCF.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 135
  • tempImagem9PgUi.png
    tempImagem9PgUi.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Reactions: beach bum

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Update:

1. I think I'm missing the Watch magnetic stand that would go on the back for my AirPod's Pro, have to see my order details and reach out to Pitaka Kickstarter.

2. The Satechi Duo Watch & AirPods Qi charger works perfectly with this to charge my S6 Nike+ Watch. The Watch charger that comes with my Pitaka kickstarter shown has a magnetic USB-C port cover, sweet. I think I'll swap this for portable use now.

3. This is MagSafe (not compatible):

Also there is 3 LEDs at the back of the MagEZ portable charger which I completely missed seeing.

Last edited:

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I’m really liking the looks of the 3-in-1 Pitaka stand! I‘m seeing from their site that it’s due to be released in February. I think that this will be a new purchase for me. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: DeepIn2U

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I forgot to ask what is the power delivery to charge 3 items at once? Also, does it come with a charging brick, and if not, what is the recommended wattage?

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I forgot to ask what is the power delivery to charge 3 items at once? Also, does it come with a charging brick, and if not, what is the recommended wattage?

Hi,

Yes it comes with a charging block - pic attached. I’m not using it currently as it’s connected to my work HP TB3 dock.

However yes the charging block can charge all items at the same time - supposed to, I’m missing the magnetic attachment to keep my AirPods in place, 1st hand cannot vouch ? on that yet I’m ? percent confident it will.

On the charging block this is listed:
TRAVEL CHARGER
• PITAKA
Model:MS1-01
Input:AC110-240V-50/60Hz0.5A
Output;5V===3A.9V=
-2. 22A, 12V =1 6SA
V.
FC ROHS
Designed by Shenzhen Lingy
Made by Shenzhen Y

Attachments

• BCCC1E5A-1A7E-45A1-BDA9-3EC12DF2C2E7.jpeg
    BCCC1E5A-1A7E-45A1-BDA9-3EC12DF2C2E7.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 100

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Thank you! I doubt that the magnetic attachment for the APPs will work for me since I have the Beats Fit Pro. It would have been nice if Apple had made that capable of magnetic charging as well.

I’m really looking forward to this product release.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oh I forgot the comparison of the charger on the back of my 12 mini

Attachments

• tempImageCANso6.png
    tempImageCANso6.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 271
  • tempImage2Iaudu.png
    tempImage2Iaudu.png
    3 MB · Views: 112
  • tempImagetNfe7i.png
    tempImagetNfe7i.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
  • tempImagegiqYOd.png
    tempImagegiqYOd.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 105
  • tempImageljwR2z.png
    tempImageljwR2z.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 95
  • tempImagebTbcvO.png
    tempImagebTbcvO.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 108
  • tempImagetjAoDY.png
    tempImagetjAoDY.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
  • tempImagedCsrZy.png
    tempImagedCsrZy.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 109
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.