Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xanix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Hello to all; I need to upgrade my «old» Mac Pro.
I wanted to buy and install a Radeon VII on it...

Can anyone share some links (Amazon.co.uk/eBay.fr/whatever) on Europe, where I can find the needed parts, to make the PIXLAS Mod?
I would be really grateful for the help; thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Me

KeesMacPro

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2019
For the cable:

For the splices:

Soradore

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2020
USA
hi,

I found this cable in the USA for my second mod. It is made better than the Chinese one from Hong Kong and it was delivered in about 3 days, unbelievably. I am in the USA as well as the store I got it from. I saved the photo from that site and they are not too big so sorry if it is not large enough to see when I post it.

Attachments

• From Kareon Kables id USA.jpg
    From Kareon Kables id USA.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: KeesMacPro

KeesMacPro

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2019
Nice!
Although it seems to be shorter than the moddiy one , which is ~32 inches long total .
Could be just about long enough I think..

Soradore

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2020
USA
I got the 36" option. It was a bit more but I was able to mount it out of the way of the air flow. They have wrap options, or whatever you call that black stuff on the wire to protect it.

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
They have been manufacturing these cables (6pin to 8 + 8 pin VGA cables) in great volumes to supply to cryptocurrency mining farms. (Those that use VGA card configurations). These are abundant (check eBay for instance) and very cheap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.