Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Hi,

I've decided I want to pick up a Nikkor 70-180mm lens, which of course isn't made anymore. I'm monitoring KEH's website, eBay, and my local Craigslist; but I'm wondering if there are other places people have found to be good sources for used lenses.

I've seen two on sale this week. One is on Adorama right now, but seems significantly overpriced. The other one is currently on eBay, but is being sold by a pawnshop "no returns" with a description obviously written by a non-photographer. :D I'm not in any hurry, so I know I'll eventually be able to pick one up; but any guidance you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks!

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
I think KEH allows you to sign up for an email alert. This gets you notified before the item shows up on the web page I believe.

Other than that I think you have it pretty well covered.

Greg

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I think KEH allows you to sign up for an email alert. This gets you notified before the item shows up on the web page I believe.

That's pretty cool - thanks for the heads up! I didn't know about that feature. It looks like you can only sign up for notification regarding lenses that they know are coming in; but that's great.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Hi,

I've decided I want to pick up a Nikkor 70-180mm lens, which of course isn't made anymore. I'm monitoring KEH's website, eBay, and my local Craigslist; but I'm wondering if there are other places people have found to be good sources for used lenses.

Nikonians is ok, I'd probably just Google, then check the site out though, for lenses that don't move often you're at the mercy of where the seller thinks is a good place.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi,

The Nikon specific forums are good places. One is nikoncafe.com and then there is Nikonians as well. I think both required that you post a lrge number of messages before they allow you into the fore sale section. Just like macrumors.com does. Go over there and post some WTB ads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.