Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YuriVerbaan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2016
Hi All,

Searched in the forums and googled a bit, but could not find any similar posts.. hope you can help me.
I have a mid 2014 15" Retina MBP. Great machine.

There is an about 1x3cm clear plastic bit in the right top corner, behind the screen. I originally thought it was a problem with the graphics card, but reboot didn't help. Now I noticed that it's actually moving when I turn the screen upside down. Don't know what it is for, but normally seems to be between the logic board for the camera and the top of the screen. It's still holding on to a corner of the plastic bit - so not to bad, but I'm afraid soon it will just drop down and be in the middle of the screen. :-(

See picture.

Has anyone seen this before? Any resolution ? Would be good to know before I visit the macstore.

Thx,
Yuri

Attachments

• IMG_6077.JPG
    IMG_6077.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 213

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi All,

Searched in the forums and googled a bit, but could not find any similar posts.. hope you can help me.
I have a mid 2014 15" Retina MBP. Great machine.

There is an about 1x3cm clear plastic bit in the right top corner, behind the screen. I originally thought it was a problem with the graphics card, but reboot didn't help. Now I noticed that it's actually moving when I turn the screen upside down. Don't know what it is for, but normally seems to be between the logic board for the camera and the top of the screen. It's still holding on to a corner of the plastic bit - so not to bad, but I'm afraid soon it will just drop down and be in the middle of the screen. :-(

See picture.

Has anyone seen this before? Any resolution ? Would be good to know before I visit the macstore.

Thx,
Yuri

No idea what that is or what could have caused it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Please let us know how you get on after you've had an opportunity to pop into an Apple Store; I'd be interested to find out what it was :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.