Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
First time trying this plug in, I need some comments/criticisms/anything you want to throw at me. I can't seem to make some of the noise go away using Aperture's Photomatix plug in. It seems, to me, there's a little too much around the radiator/front forks area.

The only thing I regret about this photo is how I accidentally cut off the front tire... so yeah, I know about that part already.

DSC_1406-1.jpg

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
First time trying this plug in, I need some comments/criticisms/anything you want to throw at me. I can't seem to make some of the noise go away using Aperture's Photomatix plug in. It seems, to me, there's a little too much around the radiator/front forks area.

The only thing I regret about this photo is how I accidentally cut off the front tire... so yeah, I know about that part already.

DSC_1406-1.jpg

:S Way too much HDR for me (unless you are going for the surreal look intentionally. Also a spot of sensor dirt in the sky at the top left.

The picture's not terrible, the background is really busy, but the bike is obviously the focus and it looks pretty good.

I'd try again with half (or less) of the HDR effect.

Afterthecalm

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007
If you didn't shoot in ISO 100, then try again and give it another go and see if that helps. BTW, I don't think it's too much HDR processing.. I've seen too much HDR and this isn't one of them.. it's right at that point where it has the possibility of going over, but not quite

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON

DSC_1406-1.jpg

does it work with aperture 3.0, i don't like the stand alone version of that software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.