Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HunterCupp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
Columbus, OH
Hello all,

It sure has been a hot minute since I've posted to this forum, but here goes!

I was able to load ADTpro onto my Apple IIe following the guide 'Starting from bare metal' at http://adtpro.sourceforge.net/bootstrapaudio.html, however, came into a problem at step 13, or "You are now ready to receive the ADTPRO-2.0.2.DSK disk image from the host. Once you've done that, you've got a bootable ProDOS diskette that contains all the ADTPro client programs."

Upon attempting to load the DSK into my Apple IIe to prep it for writing, I only ever make it this far in the receiving process before it "freezes" and the ADTPro program on my Mac or PC (tried both) fails or stops communicating with my IIe.
RECEIVING BLOCK 00016 OF 00280

(Pretend my makeshift progress bar starts at the beginning of the horizontal lines...)

I am completely new to this program and have no real clue as to what is wrong or what to do, so hopefully someone is experienced and can help. I am aware that audio transfer is not seen as that stable or reliable, but I would like to go forth in getting this method to work unless someone is willing to send me serial and/or ethernet adapters and cards (haha), as I only have these materials to my disposal and it simply seems cool to me.

Thanks in advance,

Hunter Cupp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.