Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ehof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2015
Hi there,

I'll try to describe this issue as best as I can. My mouse freezes for a second or two every few seconds. I orignally thought it was the mouse or USB. The cursor stops, clicks by itself and sometimes disappears or jumps to another display. I then discovered that windows in finder and safari change slightly as the computer lags. It looks like everything gets selected for a second and goes back to normal. This slows down the computer to a point that I can't work. I can also hear my external drives spinning in the background for no reason. Maybe that's unrelated. This has started yesterday, since then I updated the OS and tried everything I could find on the internet. At this point I'm ready to jump off a bridge :S OS: 10.12.4 computer: Mac Pro late 2013

More info: this problem is intermited it comes and goes and gets worse to a point that the computer is unusable.

Last edited:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I am no expert but just to exclude a bug of 10.12.4...
If you kept somewhere an older build or a previous OS in an external bootable drive or USB stick it would help you to point to a software or hardware problem.
Sorry not to have enough knowledge to suggest anything else.
Ed

iubhounds

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
I've been having the same issues in my 2010 iMac just this past week. I did a complete reinstall of the OS, then restored from Time Machine. All browsers have been updated and all 3 browsers have the same issue ... a lot of the spinning beach ball (just did it there when I typed). Excel spreadsheets have been taking (beach ball again) forever to load. Extremely frustrating after years of fast clean work. (beach ball again when I hit 'post reply')

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.