Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Missouri
For one reason or another, my memory stick decided to erase all the pics or autoformat or something. I had some GREAT pics of my girlfriend, and I really want them. They're still on the "Album" built into the camera. The camera auto saves a smaller version of each pic as part of a digital photoalbum. Too bad, no matter what I try, there is no way to import those pics to my Macbook. Any suggestions?!

Thanks for all input!

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
For one reason or another, my memory stick decided to erase all the pics or autoformat or something. I had some GREAT pics of my girlfriend, and I really want them. They're still on the "Album" built into the camera. The camera auto saves a smaller version of each pic as part of a digital photoalbum. Too bad, no matter what I try, there is no way to import those pics to my Macbook. Any suggestions?!

Thanks for all input!
This may have nothing to do with it, but...
on my cam, if I capture a picture in movie mode (note not picture mode), it will import into imovie as I import the rest of the movie... Otherwise, get a card reader? Or a dell/hp/etc laptop with built in reader? cheers

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Missouri
This may have nothing to do with it, but...
on my cam, if I capture a picture in movie mode (note not picture mode), it will import into imovie as I import the rest of the movie... Otherwise, get a card reader? Or a dell/hp/etc laptop with built in reader? cheers

I apprecitate the input, but alas, it does not help with my problem.

Anyone else got any ideas? All ideas are helpful!

edge540

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Indiana
I think if you take the removable chip out of the camera then connect the camera to the computer it reads the internal memory instead of the card. Try that

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
You know the photos are still on the "erased" card until they are overwritten. Any good photo recovery software can get them from your card. I use something called photorescue but there are dozens of different titles. Don't use your card again until you get some recovery software.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
some great photo's eh? :cool:

anyways mediarecover works good.

also try to drag the disk into a firefox window. It can see hidden files which might be the case and save you some cash.

data rescue 2

misterpasta

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2007
Memory recovery

The Sony N2 has an internal memory of 25MB. Hopefully your pictures are stored there. Insert your memory stick then go thru the camera settings and find the setting that transfers the internal memory to the memory stick. having acomplished this you should then be able to download info(pictures) from the stick to iphoto.

M

jilly525

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
Pennsylvania
Did that work?

Hello,
I am having the same problem. :( Did you figure out how to transfer the image from the camera memory to the card? If so - could you share - I don't know where the camera settings are - just the picture settings.

Thanks!

NitroCrzy

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
Got it!!!

Slide the selector switch to still photo....
Then click the menu... click settings.....click the down arrow until you see copy... . 3 presses I think.... click copy and it'll prompt you to save to external memory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.