Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVG13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
Hi there,

I have a MAC probook 13'inch late 2013 retina display(OS Version - OS X EL CAPITAN) .

I am trying to install windows on mac with out boot camp.

I have created a bootable usb of win 7, when i try to install windows from start up on mac

Windows installer comes up were i have option to select language, time and keyboard, neither the mac touch pad nor the wireless usb key board mouse works.

Please help me in this regards how to proceed further

Thanks a lot :)

raptor402

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2011
Any particular reason you're not using bootcamp. I'm not sure about this, but I believe that you have to load up the bootcamp drivers onto the USB in order to get the trackpad, etc. working.

AVG13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
Any particular reason you're not using bootcamp. I'm not sure about this, but I believe that you have to load up the bootcamp drivers onto the USB in order to get the trackpad, etc. working.
[doublepost=1461184326][/doublepost]boot camp giving a hard time .. Hence trying to install via bootable usb .. Pls advice ..

raptor402

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2011
[doublepost=1461184326][/doublepost]boot camp giving a hard time .. Hence trying to install via bootable usb .. Pls advice ..

The easiest way would be to use the bootcamp assistant to create the bootable USB. It'll download the drivers and load them on after copying Windows. What issues were you having with bootcamp?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.