Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I like the photos. They are very nice indeed.

However, you managed to hit two of my pet peeves when it comes to websites. First, on your "digital art" page, you have text as a graphic - and a grainy wierd font at that. Second, when I am browsing through a portfolio, I can't stand it when the "next" button moves around so that I have to keep moving my mouse to hit the damn button. It irritates me to no end.

Mind you, my website stinks and my design is bland as all get out, so I am not an expert by amy means.

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
emaja said:
Second, when I am browsing through a portfolio, I can't stand it when the "next" button moves around so that I have to keep moving my mouse to hit the damn button. It irritates me to no end.

lol I know exactly what you mean. I hate that too. awfully irritating

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Strange...there was a link there yesterday at one point...but it looks like he edited it out. :confused:

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Maybe he's updating the site to fix the problems mentioned? Who knows.

kwajo, your portfolio has some good shots in it. I'd recommend getting off the black and white a little, the whole thing ends up a little drab when there's too much of it.

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
calebjohnston said:
kwajo, your portfolio has some good shots in it. I'd recommend getting off the black and white a little, the whole thing ends up a little drab when there's too much of it.

thanks for the compliment, and you're right, and I should note ever since I first made that web-gallery I've started shooting in colour much more often. I've gradually been adding a few colour shots, but it is hard to get over my obsession with B&W. believe me I'm trying (and I have the 400 colour shots I've taken since I made that page to prove it ;) )

DCapple

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Wes Jordan said:
stunning

Beautiful work, and you have been to some amazing places. :D

Yeah thats great work!!! Got a question did you take all thoes photos?:)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
calebjohnston said:
Maybe he's updating the site to fix the problems mentioned? Who knows.

I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing drab about b&w if it's done well. But I guess it depends on who is looking. If one isn't educated in the world of fine art photography then yeah, perhaps they're not as appealing as the ****** snapshots we see posted daily.

kwajo, I detect that you are still using film in some cases? If not, I'm rather impressed with your post processing.

mac.FINN

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Amazing photography Wes, just stunning.

My only comment (a minor one) comes from a design perspective, not photographic. On the main page, your name at the top is painfully in need of kerning. If you don't know what that is... don't worry (I know designers who don't either *sigh*) Basically all you have to do is get rid of that HUGE gap inbetween the 's' and the 'o', and you're set.

Again, beautiful images.

:D

raster

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2005
West
DCapple said:
Yeah thats great work!!! Got a question did you take all thoes photos?:)
Yes I took all those photos.
I can post pics of me at those sites if you like...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.