Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Ok, so I'm creating an online portfolio (I'm an art student)
and i have to resize a whole bunch of images in Photoshop (CS3).
Im using actions to do this, but for some reason two actions only let me save the edited files with the "Save: As Copy" option selected. Why is that??!!!
here's a picture:

Picture2-1.png

See how the "As Copy" option is selected and grayed out??

Please help me change it? or else I'll have to manually remove the "copy" from all file names afterward... :(

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
It's far easier to run your action as a batch on a set of images within a folder, then you can save them where you want, with the filenames you want.

File>Automate>Batch

penter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
yeah, i know. thats what im doing....

the thing is that after running the action i realized that all the names were saved with "copy" attached to the end of the file name. I'm trying to re-record the action now so that it DOESNT save as a copy, but as you see, the "Save: As Copy" option is selected and grayed out! :(
does anyone know why???

Please help?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
If you use the batch feature correctly, then you won't have this problem. Just set it to Override Action 'Save As' commands.

It won't let you save it as a copy because you're saving jpgs from layered files.

penter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
aaahhh, so you say that i should flatten the layers??

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Flatten the layers as the last step, don't put a 'Save' event in your action... and use the Batch feature as explained above. In the Batch dialogue box, you select your action and specify where the images are saved to.

penter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! you're my hero for today!

this will save alot of time, and the faster i can get this done, the faster i can start with the college application process :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.