Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I usually keep a two camera set up. I have a digital slr in the form of a nikon d70 the first generation, which I use when I have a specific or planned shoot. What I love about it is the super fast shutter. Then on top of that I have a point and shoot digital. Right now I'm using a panasonic fx07. I don't carry the nikon around all the time but the point and shoot I do its my spontaneous camera. Problem is there is such a huge delay between when you push the button and when the image records that it always cones out blurry. Also the button isn't very sensitive so you have to press hard and given the way you hold a DC when shooting that adds to it, and my hands shake. So I wanted to know if there were suggestions for point and shoots with no delay that record the image fast

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Yeah I should have mentioned i want something you can throw in your pocket without a protruding lens

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
I have a Canon A710IS, which is a great P&S. I have been using it for a few weeks, and the shutter speed has really been snappy. The only downside is the flash recharge, which can take a few seconds.

The pictures look fantastic.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
The best P&S cameras I have seen are the Canon G7 and the Nikon P5000

If you are looking for the best manual control, hi rez video, easy to use with one hand, best user interface camera on the market in a sorta small package go for the Canon.

If you are looking for the best flash technology, high ISO, somewhat easy to get through user interface, smallest high powered P&S in the marker go for the Nikon.

Both cameras have a plethora of accessories and functions in a small package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.