Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ewinemiller

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2001
west of Philly
Hi folks,

I've got a Nikon 5700 I've been using for the last few years that I really like, but recently I started playing around in Lightroom and the difference between what I can do with JPG and RAW becomes really noticeable. Unfortunately, while the 5700 has RAW, it's not particularly usable. It takes about 30 seconds to save a raw image even with a really fast card.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a point and shoot with reasonable zoom(10x or so) and RAW support that's actually fast enough to use?

Thanks,
Eric

filmamigo

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto
Hi folks,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a point and shoot with reasonable zoom(10x or so) and RAW support that's actually fast enough to use?

Thanks,
Eric

I'm shooting with a Fuji S5000 that includes RAW. I don't find any speed difference between RAW and JPG at all. The increase in flexibility/quality really has no downside.

You might want to check out other (newer) Fujis.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I experimented with a different Panasonic Lumix camera (an actual point-and-shoot) and loved it. It's native resolution was widescreen, and I really liked that for shots. I'll post the model number if I can remember -- it is a current offering.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
I experimented with a different Panasonic Lumix camera (an actual point-and-shoot) and loved it. It's native resolution was widescreen, and I really liked that for shots. I'll post the model number if I can remember -- it is a current offering.

Just a note. *Some* Lumix cameras are nativly widescreen-not all are (The FZ 50 isn't).

artalliance

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2005
In the cool neighborhood of LA

I think you are talking about the Panasonic Lumix LX 2.

In addition, you can also check out its slightly more expensive sister model, the Leica D-Lux 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.