Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr pi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2014
Several issues with this app:

Polar App will not allow basic iOS functions while operating.

1.) If I am using the HRM (running, or workout) AND the polar app is on the screen (meaning, it is present in the screen when on) the iPhone will not ring, messages do not come through, news events as well as the iPhone native alarm clock will not ring.

2.) When using the HRM during a workout routine while using the native iOS countdown timer (clock) AND the timer is on the top screen, the alarm will ring 25 seconds after it reaches zero.

3.) The app will not upload data to the Polar server since upgrade to iOS 10 beta 1. All data shows
on phone and not on polar beat or polar personal trainer sites. All server websites
show all data prior to iOS 10 upgrade.

My mistake was expecting a reply of: thank you, we are working on it, or we were not aware of one of these issues until now. Instead, the polar "genius" bar replied twice:

Micah (Polar Care)

Aug 2, 19:38 EEST

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Polar Customer Care.

As IOS10 is not a full release but rather is a beta sample. That being said, some features within apps will not or may not work as expected once you agree to update to said version. As stated in the pre-requisite for downloading the public beta.

IOS10 is not a confirmed operating system, it is not fully compatible with the app.

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us using the link below. Representatives are available via Livechat, E-mail and our toll free line Monday-Friday 8:45am-5:15pm EST.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/contact_us/email_polar

Thank you for choosing Polar!

Polar Customer Care/Micah
Polar Electro Inc.

William
(Polar Care)

Jul 28, 22:59 EEST

If you are using Polar Beat App , this App will not block or affect the functions on smart phone, Please check the setting on your phone, because this app only use the Bluetooth signal from the phone

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us using the link below. Representatives are available via Livechat, E-mail and our toll free line Monday-Friday 8:45am-5:15pm EST.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/contact_us/email_polar

Thank you for choosing Polar!

Polar Customer Care/William
Polar Electro Inc.

100LL

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Hong Kong
Are you also using Polar Beat now on the final version of iOS 10? How about the Apple Watch?

I just contacted Polar with an issue, seems I need to lower my expectations a lot now that I read how useless their replies where to you.

I just purchased an Apple Watch, and for some reason Polar Beat doesn't do what I want it to do (doesn't start when iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Wifi, it only starts when they are connected via Bluetooth).

If I don't get this to work there is no reason to keep using Polar Beat for me - not sure if I can ask for a refund. I just purchased it for that purpose a few days ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.