Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Shot some portraits and etc tonight. Utilized an old school polaroid camera for portraits, and then reshot the polaroid digitally on the model's body that she was covering. Transparency was the general idea behind it... here's my favorite one of all.

Last edited:

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Very cool stuff -- cuts right to the heart of identity and the public(ly recorded) face.

dogsbody

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2004
Channel Islands
Nice picture

Nice picture - I love the colours and the idea, but I just feel like her hands aren't covering her face up enough - it seems at odds with the polaroid.

Maybe if her hands were holding the polaroid in front of her face, or if her hands were completely covering her face?

Nice work.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
thats a really cool picture. there is just something about it that makes you look at it again.

good work!

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
FritzTheWonderM said:
Are you going to put the rest of the set on your web site?

Some of them, yeah. We shot quite a variety of concept approaches that night. Probably the top shot from each concept.

I'm just collecting photography at the moment. This summer will probably have a new website design (seems to be a summerly thing), with loads of new content to go along with it.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
mikemodena said:
Great picture and great idea. Do you sell any of your photography?

Not at the moment. In time though, yes. I just recently built my portfolio to get into grad school. Things are still somewhat busy with various things going on. The act of selling always seems to never be at the foreground of my thoughts when creating.

And here's something a little different I shot yesterday...

swade.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.