Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Your browser of choice ?

• Safari

Votes: 61 69.3%
  • Chrome

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Firefox

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Others

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
For browsing the web.

EDIT: I use safari for browsing and chrome for work(web development). Chrome eats up lots of battery.

Reactions: BradleyD

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Currently using Safari. I also use Chrome for work stuff since I have a business G Suite account. I also use Firefox from time to time.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Safari loses my confidence now since the ad blocking stuff becomes confusing. My go to browser is now Brave. Jilt in ad blocking, and the tor incognito is quite neat.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Safari loses my confidence now since the ad blocking stuff becomes confusing. My go to browser is now Brave. Jilt in ad blocking, and the tor incognito is quite neat.
Just use adblocker app from mac store and you are good to go on safari.

Argyboy

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I've completely moved over to Firefox across my MacOS, Windows and Linux devices. Sync works really well and I manage my passwords with LastPass. Works fine for me.

Reactions: phillytim

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Just use adblocker app from mac store and you are good to go on safari.
Which is strange imo. I tried one called ka-block, and it’s like it’s not doing anything. Are the ad blockers now have to be a separate app, that it has to be run separately? I guess I just don’t have the patience to figure this out so I use Brave where it has built in ad blocking.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Firefox is my primary browser on my Mac, my iPhone, my iPad.

I use 'ChrEdge' for work on Windows 10, because I keep different bookmarks and separate out my casual surfing.

Safari, whenever it pops up on a tapped link - because it is iOS default browser.

Otherwise, Firefox FTW

synicalx1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2020
Most of the time just Safari, it's even nicer now in Big Sur. But when I inevitably run into things that don't work on Safari I'll switch over to Vivaldi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.