Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What screen protector works best for your iPhone 6/7?

• Standard Glass Screen Protector

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Edge to Edge Screen Protector

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Plastic Screen Protector

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anti-Glare Protector

• Privacy Screen Protector

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Full Cover Thicker Plastic Screen Protector (Self-Healing)

• Total voters

Anneks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
UK
Ever since Apple released an iPhone with curved edges (the iPhone 6) a lot of people have had problems finding the right screen protector, one of the main reasons is the problems that come with the curved edges of the screen:

• Standard glass screen protectors do not cover the curved edges
  • Glass screen protectors that try to cover more of the screen suffer from air bubbles or "halos" due to air creeping in from the small spaces caused by the curved iPhone screen
  • Edge to edge screen protectors have been known to have "halos" or air bubbles
  • Plastic screen protectors can cover the whole screen but are not that protective
  • Self-healing screen protectors made form a thicker plastic sometimes have problems sticking to the phone screen
  • Anti-glare and privacy screen protectors have the same issues outlined above (if you choose the standard glass or standard plastic versions)
Let us know what you think, if you own an iPhone with a curved edged screen (iPhone 6 or iPhone 7) which screen protector do you feel worked best for you?

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I've been using a glossy Best Skins Ever 'Case Fit' plastic screen protector for both an iPhone 5 & now 6s.

It's flexible & I think self healing, as it has a soft, rubbery feel to it, though still smooth to touch.

Fits perfectly inside my case lip (~2mm gap). IMG_1792.JPG IMG_1793.JPG

http://www.bestskinsever.com/iphone-6s-skins

Reactions: Anneks

Debel

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2017
I've got a ZAGG tempered which is pretty durable plus a good warranty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.