Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCarmona

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2014
I'm looking for an option to charge my Apple Watch and iPhone on the go.
Is there a battery pack that has both?

Thanks

mikedis

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
MagSafe Duo has been on my radar for a while. Used ones on eBay are like $50, open boxed ones tend to hover around $75, and combining it with a portable charger will be good enough for me.

Reactions: CarolG

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
The Belkin BoostCharge Pro mentioned above is lovely. I took it on a trip recently. charging just the watch every daily over a week never causes the battery to decrease from 4/4 to 3/4. At the airport on the way back I plugged in my phone, and it charged quickly.

the charger is a soft rubbery material, so it does/will attract dirt, but that’s a minor nit.

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
I posted this earlier.

I dont even know where my proprietary Apple Watch charging cable is.

Native USB-C charging is so nice.

thing I don't like about that is you have to remove the band from the watch ...

The Belkin BoostCharge Pro doesn't require this. Granted it's bulkier, but also is a battery that you can be used to charge your iPhone (or even iPad or a Mac in a pinch, although that tends to run down the battery a lot).

When I've used the Belkin BCP only to charge the watch, the battery lasts a long time -- after a week of daily charging, it only went down from 4 bars of battery to 3 bars on the LED indicator.

erihp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
thing I don't like about that is you have to remove the band from the watch ...
Maybe not the case, as I havent tried this. But maybe you wouldnt have to remove bands! I think you could feed a non-connected band through on each side. The outer skin is a TPU like rubber flexy situation.

Edit: just checked and seems plenty pliable to be able to slide a band through. In my photo examples the spinning keyring and other RFID ring will fit through without removing.

Once in, you can use normal bands, you just wear the whole thing! haha

Reactions: MikeDr206

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
Maybe not the case, as I havent tried this. But maybe you wouldnt have to remove bands! I think you could feed a non-connected band through on each side. The outer skin is a TPU like rubber flexy situation.

Once in, you can use normal bands, you just wear the whole thing! haha

Ahh, I see! I use the nylon sport loop, which is literally a loop, so there's no way to feed it through in that way.

erihp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
I also have experience with this device too. Does everything it says and works quite well.

Incorporating this ^ after initially just using the bare watch became v1.5 of my Pocket Watch setup. The problem was it didnt fully secure the Watch, despite a slight magnetic catch.

Well worth $10

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Under $30 delivered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.