Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
I am going to be buying a camera next week finally and am leaning towards the canon 450d but i have been a little off put by a issues that have been reported online that no mater how well composed the image is the canon will always be out of focus.

Is this still a issue, blown out of proportion ?

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
I am going to be buying a camera next week finally and am leaning towards the canon 450d but i have been a little off put by a issues that have been reported online that no mater how well composed the image is the canon will always be out of focus.

Wow, where did you hear this? There's always bound to be bad copies of a camera (no matter what brand), and issues like this can usually be fixed via firmware.

I'd look at getting a 500d (aka T1i), if budget isn't really an issue.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/canon/eos_digital_rebel_xsi

Almost 60,000 photos on PBase, if focus sucked nobody'd be using the camera.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska

Both main brands (Canon, and Nikon), make cameras that are very sharp. Of course, you have to you your part, but out of the box most SLR camera these days are quite sharp. Once you have extra cash, then you can buy better glass and learn techniques that improve your photos' possibilities in all aspects.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
From what I can tell, at least on DPReview, most of the complaints are from DSLR newbies who don't know about shallow depth of field and expect everything to be in focus like a P&S. There are always bad copies of cameras/lenses, but most of them are user error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.