Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mer1In

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2019
Good afternoon,

I upgraded my MBP mid-2015 to Catalina on Monday.

I have not had one single issue...except...my Logitech keyboard(s).

I also use a Logitech Mouse, but no issues there.

The keyboards I have are:

K520 (purchased as a standalone, not as a combination set)
MX Keys

The Mouse is the M570

The upgrade went smooth, and no problems on the mouse, but the K520 simply would not work.

I updated all the Logitech software, and initiated a support ticket with Logitech. For the past few days, it was simply a matter of back & forth with Logitech. Nothing against Logitech, their technical support is very good.

But thinking that possibly the K520 is simply out-of-date, I made a purchase for the MX Keyboard.

Still, using the MX gave no response at all. At this point I was going to simply ditch Logitech altogether and seek out another brand of keyboard.

Then, late Friday night, I wanted to try the idea of a System Restore for Catalina (Option-Clover-R); I backed-up the ENTIRE SSD via Time Machine & Carbon Copy Cloner BEFORE the restore process.

After doing the System restore, BOTH the MX Keys & the M570 work fabulously! The MX Keys is a very nice upgrade, and ALL of its functions work as well. Definitely worth the $99 (Staples) purchase, IMHO.

So, this might be an option for those who have had similar Logitech issues, and might be at their wits-end (like I was).

Remember to backup your system, just in case.

Cheers!

-Merlin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.