Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Red_Turtle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016
oancMTl.jpg

Normal Charger cable with the ability to plug in headphones with a lightning/3.5 Jack towards the phone end of the cable... Just a quick mock up to get my point across, I'm sure it could be implemented better then I have presented it here.

Would solve the problem of not being able to charge the iPhone 7 and listen to music at the same time when traveling etc.

Anyone know of a product like it?

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It seems various people are waiting/hoping for something along those lines to exist.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If there is such adapter and it is cheaper than 25 I will consider trying it out, on iPhone 6s Plus.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Does Apple sell anything for less that $25?

The Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter at $9? Well, technically it's not on sale yet... And looking at that mockup in the first post, I feel really fortunate that this situation doesn't apply to me. Yikes! It would suck to be stuck to a charging phone while listening to music.

thekb

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2010
The Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter at $9? Well, technically it's not on sale yet... And looking at that mockup in the first post, I feel really fortunate that this situation doesn't apply to me. Yikes! It would suck to be stuck to a charging phone while listening to music.

And how much for the one that allows simultaneous charging and listening? Will that be $9 too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.