Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Not a rant or comparison, just post your favorite feature or features in your preferred photo organization/editing/toning application.

I have just been using Aperture light table recently to help edit through images on one project and groups similar images on another for a future book. I always knew I could use it for such things but am glad to have it available.

I am also loving Lightroom's Flash galleries, especially since a co-worker at my paper showed me how to embed them into iWeb sites. I am having problems, I know how to fix it, but I know it's can be done easier. The galleries are quick and easy, and make navigating my site sweet and simple.

And lastly I still LOVE Photo Mechanics caption editor. I don't use that for personal use, just for work related jobs and it's SO much easier to ingest images with PM and batch import captions and make changes.

Anyone else wanna list their favorites?

ajpl

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Space bar to launch full screen preview in Bridge. Simple but very effective. You can label, rotate, rank images whilst whizzing through them [it's quick] and just click to zoom in + out of 100% view.
The filter panel - this is so much better than any other app I've tried, much better than LR's poor copy of it. A very powerful tool.
Bridge's tight integration with Photoshop makes it unique and unbeatable for that alone. And of course ACR - a very, very good RAW developer.

Another vote for LR's web galleries. Very useful for doing quick, but good galleries for projects. Better than Bridge as you cannot save gallery variations at present in Br.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination

I never knew you could do that in Bridge. I don't know if it was there since CS2 or not. By the time CS3 came around I was already on the Lightroom Beta then Aperture 1.0 so I never go too deep with that app.

I do know that I love Bridge's ability to view ALL sorts of files and preview them, not just images and video, but InDesign files etc. as this is it's purpose anyway.

I also forgot to add the History Brush in Photoshop. Ever since I learned what it could do and saw it in action it was a done deal. I knew I'd be using it and the spot healing tool 50% of the time, curves and levels the other 50%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.