Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pick the best two

• Zebra

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Hornbill

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Cactus Landscape

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Elephant (solo)

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Elephant (herd)

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Giraffe (herd)

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Giraffe (solo)

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Giraffe (closeup)

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Giraffe (neck)

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-hh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Okay, as I mentioned yesterday in the Wildlife thread, our office building is undergoing rennovations and my boss is moving into a room that we've nicknamed "the Cave", as its just four walls, no windows (not even in its door).

To brighten things up for him, I've arranged to use our "humungo" printer at work to create a virutal window for him, ie, print out some nice image.

Here's the candidates. Vote for 2. Comments are welcome:

Zebra:
zebra_1014.jpg

Hornbill:
hornbill_4175.jpg

Cactus Landscape:
cactus(4096).jpg

Elephant (solo):
elephant_grass(2386).jpg

Elephant (herd):
river(3655).jpg

Giraffe (herd):
giraffe_1404.jpg

Giraffe (solo):
giraffe_2418.jpg

Giraffe (closeup):
giraffe_1805.jpg

Giraffe (neck):
giraffe_3720.jpg

There's enough wall space for probably 2 or 3 prints, so there's the additional challenge of getting sets to compliment each other.

-hh

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
How big are you talking here? And will it be framed?

I liked the zebra and giraffe heard. The closeups would weird me out - something in the room is looking at me.....

D

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
I voted for the Zibra and the Giraffe herd (I wish though if there were more than 4 giraffes in the herd pic, 50 or 100 would be cool :D :eek: ).

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
The Hornbill and the solo giraffe, in that they are both in the 'portrait' mode and more akin to a window with the proviso that the giraffe sky be more like the hornbill's sky hue.
KGB

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Zebra and Hornbill for me.

I like the Giraffe herd as well. I didn't like the other shots for large print as much, maybe the solo elephant, although it's definitely not a part of the best two.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
hornbill and giraffe solo. they were sharpest, had the best color, and had the most vivid landscapes. then again, your boss may not be as much of a photo geek as I am...

-hh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback ... and keep it coming. I also would have liked the 'giraffe herd' sky to have been more blue, but it was a bit overcast on that day (the things you don't notice on the first few days of a trip, etc). Likewise, I'm surprised that I've not been accused of over-saturating the hawksbill (IMO, it is a tad overdone).

BTW, there's one other photo that I considered, but then realized that it would be a poor career move, as it is not for the easily offended. Consider it to be "PG-13" content and if you still want to see it, click here to view.

-hh

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Having worked in a cave myself, I think the hornbill could bring the necessary illusion of the existence of daylight.

The giraffe neck provides a terrific illusion of weightlessness and freedom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.