Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icsd08063

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
Greece
I am looking for a good and reliable power bank for my iPhone X, preferably between 10,000 - 15,000 mAh.
It would be nice to have two outputs to charge my girlfriend's phone at the same time (Samsung Galaxy A5 2016).
I have looked multiple power banks on Anker's website but I got really confused on all those models.
It would be nice to have the 2,4A output in order to enable the fast charge on the iPhone X.

Any suggestions?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
while anker is a quality brand, there are other good ones too. Are you just looking for 2 amp charging ports for your X, so you don't care about the usb c to lightning for Apple's version of "fast charge"?

There are lots of options. I like Ravpower as well, quality products and their batteries offer passthrough charging as well.

Reactions: akash.nu

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Just get any of the Ankers between 10 and 15000 mah and that have the fast charging tech. They all work well.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I bought this a week or so ago and it's been great! it charges by lightning connection also, so thats a huge plus if all you have laying around are apples cables.

https://www.amazon.ca/10000mAh-Wire...TF8&qid=1511631335&sr=8-1&keywords=sawm+power

It's 10,000 mAh, and allows charging wirelessly (qi), and by usb at the same time (two devices). You can also charge the power bank, while still qi charging your phone, effectively making it a qi powermat.

Also has a complimentary shape to the iPhone, looks like an iPhone plus with silicone case on.

Seems well built and I haven't had any issues yet. I also haven't noticed any heating up of the charger or phone unlike my other cheapo qi stand I bought which gets slightly warm to the touch.

Edit: I was curious so I popped it on my qi charger stand, the power bank also charges wirelessly!!!!

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Where do you guys usually use these portable chargers at

I travel to Central America (specifically Guatemala and Honduras) several time each year. I spend a lot of time in remote areas, and use my iPhones as my primary cameras for still and time lapse photography.

icsd08063

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
Greece
First of all, thank you all for your answers, really appreciate it!

I forgot to mention something important to me: I want to stick with iPhone X charge specifications.
As far as I can see, iPhone X supports either up to 5,2V (2,4A) or 14,5V (2,0A USB PD) in regard to fast charging.

I think that this power bank is compliant with iPhone X power input specs: 5V 4.8A (2.4A max per port)
Am I right here?

twisted_mind

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2015
I am looking for a good and reliable power bank for my iPhone X, preferably between 10,000 - 15,000 mAh.
It would be nice to have two outputs to charge my girlfriend's phone at the same time (Samsung Galaxy A5 2016).
I have looked multiple power banks on Anker's website but I got really confused on all those models.
It would be nice to have the 2,4A output in order to enable the fast charge on the iPhone X.

Any suggestions?

Wouldn’t the fast charge which is QC3.0 on the Anker not work with the iPhone 8/X?
I have the Anker 10000mah QC3.0 enabled power core and it charges the X at the same slow speed like my other Xiaomi powerbanks. I believe the fast charge is only when you plop for the $74 Apple fast charger and cable combo.
Having said that one thing I’ve noticed over the years, Xiaomi powerbanks turn off the charging when my iPhones hit 100%. Ankers continue to charge with the lightning bolt icon on the phone screen. Don’t know if that’s good or bad but just putting it out there. I do appreciate the quality of Anker but sadly they’ve stopped official retail here in India so don’t know if I’ll continue to be able to buy newer stuff from them. Sorry for the topic deviation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.