Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmhall28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2017
I have a 13" 2012 MacBook Air. When I plug in the power cable the LED does not light and the battery does not charge. However, if I remove the battery connection from the logic board, the LED lights. When I re attach the battery to the logic board it charges. If I remove the power cable and reattach it, while its charging the LED will not light and the battery will not charge. I've tried changing power cables (with a brand new charge and the problem remains. I've tried to reset the PRAM AND SMC several times and the issue remains. I'm at point where I either try replacing the battery or the logic board.

My thoughts, since the power cord does charge the batteries, the it cannot be a connection issue. Also the USB and headphones work without issue. I have a feeling the issue is simple but I'm not sure. Replacing the battery is cheap but the logic board, is cumbersome as well as $$$.

Any ideas? I appreciate the feedback.

jmhall28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2017
If there is an Apple Store near you, take it there so they can test the charger and Air.

THANK YOU!!!! They lead me to the answer. Turns out it was the logic board. I purchased one online for $180.00 and boom! Everything works!

Thank you so much for the your advice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.