Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexocc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Ukraine
Hey there!
I'm currently trying to recreate the original PB 12" & 15" (al) boxes but I can't seem to find any info regarding dimensions whatsoever. I'd be incredibly grateful if any of you could provide me with the measurements.
If it isn't too much too ask, I'd also love to get some good quality photos of all the sides of the boxes. I will share the designs when they're done.
Thank you!

Best,
–Alex

alexocc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Ukraine
I'm intrigued as which software/hardware you're going to use to achieve this. A 3D printer of some sort will be involved I imagine? :)
Plain old Photoshop :)
No 3D printing will be required, I'll design the box cutout first, then apply the design to it. Will need to find someone to get it cut out and printed though

Reactions: TheShortTimer

TheShortTimer

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2017
London, UK
Plain old Photoshop :)
No 3D printing will be required, I'll design the box cutout first, then apply the design to it. Will need to find someone to get it cut out and printed though

Ok cool. Photoshop on an Intel or PPC Mac? :D

I look forward to seeing how this project turns out. Keep us posted with updates on your progress, please. :)

• Love
Reactions: alexocc

alexocc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Ukraine
Ok cool. Photoshop on an Intel or PPC Mac? :D

I look forward to seeing how this project turns out. Keep us posted with updates on your progress, please. :)
Photoshop CS4 on Windows Vista 😂
Might switch to my '17 15" Pro if windows starts acting up.
Sure thing! I'll post my updates here

Reactions: TheShortTimer

alexocc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Ukraine
Decided to start with the easiest part, the stickers.
Although not a 100% accurate copy, they look great!
Top_Sticker.png
Side_Sticker.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.