Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xaranar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2016
So when I got my G5 quad core, it was missing both the WiFi/Bluetooth combo card, and the runway card that it is mounted on. Whilst the combo cards are fairly common here in the UK, the runway cards are non existent, so does anyone know of a PCI Express WiFi card that will work with AirPort? I know there are several USB dongles that will work, but I'm really not a fan of them, partly due to the limited number of USB ports present on the G5. Currently running OS X 10.5.8 Leopard.

Cheers

JRDN

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2015
I use a BCM94321MC mini pcie from a Macbook Pro. I have it in a mini pcie to pci wifi sled. Works natively as an airport card on Leopard.

Xaranar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2016
I use a BCM94321MC mini pcie from a Macbook Pro. I have it in a mini pcie to pci wifi sled. Works natively as an airport card on Leopard.
Good call, that's what I think I'll do. I've ordered a BCM94321MC and mini PCIe to PCIe adapted, just Horta wait for them to arrive now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.