Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Hey my PowerShot A710 IS has an issue- basically, it won't turn on. I've tried different batteries- not all of them, and that has done nothing. ALso, there is anothre small slot in the abbtery holder that contains a small circular battery, could that be the problem? Any help would be great.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
really tough to say without seeing what's going on. I'd make sure the battery is charged all the way -- if not, you might contact a Canon authorized repair center.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
The small battery is for the date-time memory- basically there so that you don't have to re-enter your date everytime you change the batteries. Read your manual- is there a way to perform a hard restart? Also, what happened to the camera? Did you get it wet? Dropped it? Left it in a hot car? It would be good to know how this problem came about, so that the issue could be narrowed.

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007
Did you put the batteries in the right way? I have the same camera, and the first time I put the batteries in, i did them the wrong way (I was in a dark room, so I didnt no any better)

Got the cam yesterday, its great! But im returning it tomorrow because its gotten me so into photography that im getting the powershot s3, the d40, or the rebel xt tomorrow. I hope you figure out your problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.