Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
I recently got a Powershot G7 camera and so far it's been pretty good. One problem though. Every time I plug the camera into the computer via the USB cable, I have to view the images through Canon's own crummy photo application. This drives me nuts! The camera doesn't even show up on the desktop; it just automatically opens up the Canon ImageViewer. Is there any way for the camera to show up on the desktop just as an SD card? I suppose I could just get a card reader if nothing else works, but it would be much more convenient this way.

rhomsy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
I have a G9 and it works fine with iPhoto, assuming you're shooting in Jpeg. If you're shooting in RAW, that might be a problem.. or at least it is on the G9 because Apple hasn't updated CoreImage to support the RAW output of the G9 :mad:

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Good idea... I never really thought about iPhoto. Well, I tried it out and it certainly works better than Canon's program. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.