Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMasterRace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Hi,
My Macbook Pro 2017 13", 2.3 GHz Core i5 (I5-7360U), 256 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM, without Touchbar, has just had everything replaced, expect for the body itself. So, the top case, battery, display, fans and logicboard.
I am looking to probably sell it and buy the new M1 chip Macbook Pro, and would love to hear what people think I could sell it for.
Please give answers in percentages of the original price, since the prices are country-based.

(Link from everymac.com)

Last edited:

dinobear

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2020
I sold my 2018 13" quad core i7 1tb ssd 16gb ram for $1000 before apple announced their event. Even had a new battery installed with 0 cycle count.
It's probably worth less now two weeks later.

I'd shoot for $800 seeing as you can get a brand new one for $1299 that has a faster CPU and GPU and has as much ram as yours- along with much longer battery life on the M1. You asked for percentage of original price since prices are country based but you don't provide your original price... But I'd say it's not a matter of percentage of original price. It's what can you but brand new at apple now and how does it stack up with what you are selling.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
You must have a one of a kind MacBook Pro because there is no 14"! Unless you are referring to 13"?

MacMasterRace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
I sold my 2018 13" quad core i7 1tb ssd 16gb ram for $1000 before apple announced their event. Even had a new battery installed with 0 cycle count.
It's probably worth less now two weeks later.

I'd shoot for $800 seeing as you can get a brand new one for $1299 that has a faster CPU and GPU and has as much ram as yours- along with much longer battery life on the M1. You asked for percentage of original price since prices are country based but you don't provide your original price... But I'd say it's not a matter of percentage of original price. It's what can you but brand new at apple now and how does it stack up with what you are selling.
You wouldn’t need the original price to my country specifically, since the percent decrease in value would be the same globally. But your suggestion of 800 dollars, considering the new one costs 1300, is a good estimate. That is around 62% of the original price, so I will apply that to my cost.
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.