Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rgomez

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
Aguascalientes, México
Hello,

Is it just me or somebody else has this problem?

I like to see the content in the language it was originally made. For a lot (most) of the content in the Prime Video app that is English. I am located in Mexico, and even if I have the app configured to display in English (and wherever I have been able to change, I select english) every time I start a new episode, or movie, it starts with audio in spanish.

Worse: say I am trying to binge watch a show: I select the first episode, start it, change the audio to the desired language, and see the episode (sometimes I feel a lack of sync between the audio and the video, not sure if it's related). The episode finishes, I click on the next one (on the credits directly) and it starts, yes, with the spanish language. Rinse and repeat.

That makes for a very un-bingeable experience. Specially since I feel the lack of sync comes from having to change the audio language once the content started.

Am I crazy, or somebody else has this problem?

I haven't tried changing the AppleTV to English, nor I would feel I would have to do so: Netflix doesn't have this problem at all, nor iTunes or other content providers. It's just the Prime Video app.

It should allow one to select the desired audio/subtitle *before* starting a content, and respect that selection where possible for every other content. I think I does for the subtitles lang (I also watch them with english subs) but not for the important one: audio.

Any ideas?

I've sent an email to Prime Video regarding this, but I don't expect anything to come out from that.

AppleTV 4K, fully updated tvOS and apps.

dan980

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
It's not just you. I like watching my shows in English with Italian subtitles.
The app option does not work, it changes only the menu language. Movies start in italian.
Apparently the app uses the global Apple Tv language instead. If you change the Apple Tv language to English, movies will play in English, no matter what you selected inside the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.