Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alican

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
LONDON, UK
If I print from Windows using Nikon Capture NX or Photoshop Elements, I get colours which are pretty identical to what I see on screen. If I print from OSX using Nikon Capture NX or from iphoto, the colours are oversaturated and biased towards red.

The driver settings are the same as under windows as far as i can see. I've obviously missed a trick somewhere but don't know where else to look. any suggestions appreciated.

I use an Epson stylus R300

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Same printer, same problem here. Mine print more red and a lot darker. I ended up getting Printfab to use as a driver so I could make adjustments. I know there is a color calibration program in OS X but I could not find a printer calibration file for the 300R. The way to go would be to create a custom color configuration that adjusts the screen / scanner / printer outputs but I have not perfected that yet.

- James

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
i think i remember somewhere you can set the color profile of whatever your printing. For me its in PaperQuality. Ive got a HP though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.