Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShizumiAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Australia
Untitled.png

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there was any apps out there that give the same advance printing options similar to those within macOS default printing options (once you unhide them)

Compared to macOS‘s printing option it’s still very basic, only allowing you to change, paper size, page range, scale on page (basic) and placement on page.

Apps such as HP printing app, PrinterPro and so on do allow more options but none give your the same advance options and are still missing things such as:

• Quality settings (allow max DPI the printer can go)
  • Paper type
  • Short/long edge double sided printing
  • Edge to edge printing (some apps do allow this)
  • Trey source
  • Resolution

Are there any apps out there that give you full control over the printing?

Thank you for your time and I hope you all have a great day.
Shizu

Last edited:
Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

Suspended
Jan 11, 2018

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there was any apps out there that give the same advance printing options similar to those within macOS default printing options (once you unhide them)

Compared to macOS‘s printing option it’s still very basic, only allowing you to change, paper size, page range, scale on page (basic) and placement on page.

Apps such as HP printing app, PrinterPro and so on do allow more options but none give your the same advance options and are still missing things such as:

• Quality settings (allow max DPI the printer can go)
  • Paper type
  • Short/long edge double sided printing
  • Edge to edge printing (some apps do allow this)
  • Trey source
  • Resolution

Are there any apps out there that give you full control over the printing?

Thank you for your time and I hope you all have a great day.
Shizu

Printer Pro by Readdle gives you some pretty good fine tuning options, give it a try?

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic

Printer Pro by Readdle gives you some pretty good fine tuning options, give it a try?

[/QUOTE]

Printer Pro by Readdle is shown in first OP’s screenshot :)

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.