Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McNewcomer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
I am a complete novice. Over the last few months, in preparation for Christmas, I bought my first Macbook -- which I love. I purchased Aperture 2 -- which I also love. I went step by step on a photo project, planning to print large portrait photos for my family as Christmas presents. My last purchase was the Epson 1400 and am now close to tears cause I cannot get a decent print from it. All my photos are magenta. I have tried the various color management settings, Epson vivid, Epson standard and Adobe RGB (even though I am using Aperture). All faces are still purple. I shoot with a Canon 5D. I am not a sophisticated user. But my photos print out better on a cheap little 4x6 photosmart printer. Any suggestions on how I can adjust settings to make large prints in time for Christmas??? Many thanks for any help you can give. (This forum saved my butt when I was learning to run Aperture and made crucial newbie mistakes.)

McNewcomer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Sorry. I wasn't clear enough. I mean the photos tend to the magenta. The other colors are present. The balance is just off. I don't want to waste expensive large paper so keep trying to adjust it in the 4x6 format but I haven't found the magic bullet. I am close to tossing it in the trash and running to a photo lab.

PhotoFun

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
In your print settings, try turning off any color adjustments in color settings. That's what I had to do with the R1900 to get the colors correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.