Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
Safari has a checkbox in Settings "Hide IP Address". In the text, there is "Lean More". I click that and it brings me to System Settings Private Relay. I turn that out and then turn it on for Safari. The UI has changed slightly in Ventura. After a brief while, it tells me that the Private Relay can not work on my Wifi network. This isn't new with Ventura. It's been like this for a while. I just decided to try again after the update.

The message says:
Private Relay is either not supported by this network or Limit IP Address Tracking has been turned off in Wi-Fi Settings. When Private Relay is off, this network can monitor your internet activity, and your IP address will not be hidden from known trackers or websites.
I looked through the router settings and can't find anything. The router has / had Netgear Armor but it is off now because I am not going to pay $50 per year just to use my router.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this combination of Netgear CAX30 and Spectrum. I don't know if it is the router or Spectrum that is the problem. Plus... I don't know if it is really worth the effort to enable the Private Relay feature in the first place.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.