Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatguywill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Since installing Sequoia, I’m met with issues in Safari that it can’t connect to Private relay on a daily basis.
I’m doing the ‘turn off until tomorrow’ every day now just to be able to use Safari which is becoming annoying.
Mac Pro 2019.

Anyone else experiencing issues?

mac_hack_attack

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2021
I'm going to take a guess and say these are general network issues. When there is a network blip, Private Relay tends to mark itself as down for some timeout, so everything appears to work but Private Relay is still in "timeout"

I am unsure if Apple defaulted even wired Ethernet into the new rotating MAC address system, but I would check, and if so, I would turn it off as it can cause network blips.

iMatt.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Cupertino
Discovered when trying to turn it on my Mac last night that I’m having issues also with the “Private Relay Unavailable” message that says some system settings or extensions are incompatible.

The only thing I can think of is NordVPN but I get the same message even if it’s turned off and disabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.